RootsMagic 22.214.171.124 was updated on August 9th. There’s a tag-along update, 126.96.36.199 as well. The releases include several new features. I know that you may or may not have read the release notes before applying the update and even if you did, you probably didn’t tryout the new features. I understand; a list is nice, but it’s better to be shown, so I walk you through each of them in this video. Whether you like the walk-through or not, leave a comment to let me know.
Here’s the list of new features demonstrated in this walk-through video:
- New Research Notes report (prints the source detail text and comments for a person or family)
- Timeline lists now support source citations
- Added wordwrap command to note editor
- Added “Mark by parents” and “Unmark by parents” to the “Select Families” list to allow criteria for selecting families
- Added “Unused Places List” to show places in your database that aren’t used by any events
- Added sex, birth and death dates to the edit family screen in Tools > Problem list
- Wordwrap in notes works on selected text now (188.8.131.52)
- Added wordwrap button to note editor toolbar (184.108.40.206)
- Wordwrapping can be reversed by undo now (220.127.116.11)
There were many fixes and changes in the 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 releases too. See the release notes for the list.