Some genealogists use PC virtualization software to run Windows genealogy software on their Mac. Fusion is one of the major options for doing this.
The company had this to say about the release:
VMware Fusion 2.0.1 is a maintenance release of VMware Fusion 2. It has the following enhancements:
- Contains bug fixes described in Resolved Issues
- Now shows application badge instead of generic document icons when assigning Windows applications to Mac documents
- Greatly reduced initial pause when opening mirrored or shared folders
- No longer disables certain shared folders and mirrored folders that were nested folders. The potential data loss issue with nested shared folders has been resolved
- No longer publishes Windows guest applications to Mac if Allow the virtual machine to open applications on your Mac is unchecked in virtual machine Settings > Sharing
- AutoProtect postpones taking a snapshot when the user is interacting with the virtual machine
- No longer maps Num Pad Enter to AltGr by default for non-European keyboards
- Brings back the Enable Hints menu item in Help menu
A detailed list of issues fixed in this release is available on release notes page.