There was an update last Friday to this PC virtualization software. It’s used by some MacGenealogists to run Windows genealogy software on their Mac. There doesn’t appear to be anything in this build of particular interest to genealogists and no major fixes.
Here is the list of enhancements and fixes according to the producer:
- Mac folders shared with Windows now work correctly with MS Outlook, Lotus, Quicken and other Windows applications.
- Support for Autodesk Revit 2011 was fixed.
- MS Office 2010 activation is preserved in Boot Camp virtual machines.
- OpenGL now works correctly in Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines.
- Virtual machines using Boot Camp partitions on 512 GB solid-state disks (SSDs) now work correctly.
- The problem with invisible virtual machines list on new MacBook Pros (released in early 2010) was fixed.
- A rare problem with Windows virtual machine’s screen turning black after upgrading to Mac OS X v10.6.3 was fixed.
- Problems with Parallels Service stopping to respond when the Parallels Desktop settings file is corrupt were fixed.
- Problems with screen resolution in Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 virtual machines were fixed.