Some readers may have received a “Summer News” email update about Family Tree Maker from Software MacKiev or seen it on Randy Seaver’s blog, GeneaMusings. If you haven’t seen it yet and are subscribed to the FTM email list, it’s because MacKiev is gradually rolling out the email to everyone on the list, which is quite large, according to MacKiev president, Jack Minsky. Randy Seaver thoughtfully posted the update to his blog, but here are the highlights:
- The free updates for owners of FTM 3 and 2014 are still forthcoming, but if you are having trouble with the software that might be resolved by the update, submit a support request to MacKiev and they’ll send you the latest beta version right away.
- Software MacKiev now supports all versions of Family Tree Maker, so use the support request link above for technical support.
- FTM still works with Ancestry.com, to include TreeSync® and “shaky leaf” tree hints.
- Discounted upgrades are available for owners of older versions of FTM.
- MacKiev invites feature requests and bug reports and makes it easy to submit them on their website. As a reminder, MacKiev provides all of their support through their website and email.
For full details, see the news update at Randy Seaver’s blog.