- Get precise coordinates in the geo code place window by moving the pin
- Find relationships between two people feature now shows multiple blood relationships if they exist
- Search favorites selection is now at the top of the list of resources when searching the web
- Additions to the web search resources: Ancestry.com.au, Ancestry.ca, FindMyPast.co.uk, GuildOfOneNameStudies
- Pressing the left or right arrow key in family view moves to the previous or next marked person
- Crash fixes
- Performance improvements
- Updates to the manual
Ancestry released an update to Family Tree Maker 2012 today. Here’s a rundown of what’s in it for you.
Of highest importance if you’re having problems synching your FTM file with your Ancestry member tree (AMT), is TreeSync stability improvements. Those come with performance improvements too according to the release notes.
The update include bug fixes and improvements in several areas:
- Added support for media, notes, and sources during file merges
- Improved handling of media during Web merges
- Bug fixes for tasks, media items, and window resizing issues (on computers running Windows 7)
You can order Reunion 10on Amazon.com now. Right now there are three sellers. Well, two really. The third has the ridiculous price of $184.50 plus $3.50 shipping!
As with version 9, Leister Productions sells through Amazon at the full retail price, plus $5.00 shipping, for a total of $104.00. Small Dog Electronics is currently offering it at a discount: $89.99, plus $6.99 shipping for a total of $96.98.
 For what it’s worth, Small Dog Electronics is a company I’ve purchased Mac gear through in the past.
I went looking for an update to Reunion 10 after experiencing repeated crashes when editing source detail fields in notes this morning. Fortunately, there’s a fix in for that problem and many others.
It would be an improvement if there were a visual clue that an update is available. It wouldn’t have to be a dialog that pops up upon launching the application. It could easily be an icon in the status bar.
There are many bug fixes and issues corrected in this maintenance release so it’s a must have. To do so, click Help -> Check for Updates… in the menu bar and click the link in the resulting dialog box if it finds an update.